CAS 50-63-5 Chloroquine Phosphate
Port: Shanghai, China
|Product Name||Chloroquine phosphate|
|Standard packing material||Aluminum foil bag inside, then waterproof bag or carton|
|Storage||Preserve in tight,light-resistant containers in a cool place|
What is Chloroquine phosphate ?
Chloroquine Phosphate is the phosphate salt of chloroquine, a quinolin e compound with antimalarial and anti-inflammatory properties.
Chloroquine is the most widely used drug against malaria, except for those cases caused by chloroquine resistant Plasmodium falciparum.
Although the mechanism of action is not fully understood, chloroquine is shown to inhibit the parasitic enzyme heme polymerase that converts the toxic heme into non-toxic hemazoin, thereby resulting in the accumulation of toxic heme
within the parasite. Chloroquine may also interfere with the biosynthesis of nucleic acids.
Function of chloroquine phosphate
1. For the treatment of chloroquine-sensitive falciparum malaria, vivax malaria and three malaria.
2. Can be used for the prevention of malaria symptoms.
3. Can also be used for the treatment of parenteral amoebiasis, connective tissue disease, light-sensitive diseases (such as
sunburn erythema) and so on.
Application of chloroquine phosphate
1. Chloroquine phosphate can be used for the prevention of malaria symptoms.
2. Chloroquine phosphate can also be used for the treatment of parenteral amoebiasis, connective tissue disease, light-sensitive diseases (such as sunburn erythema) and so on.